If you have any questions, you can send an email to email@example.com.
When and how we collect personal information
We only collect and process your personal information with your knowledge and consent. We may ask you to share it in the following contexts:
- When you fill out any of our forms (i.e. survey forms, booking forms, contact forms, etc.).
- When you exchange emails or phone calls with us, we may retain your email or telephone number in case we need to contact you again.
What do we use your data for
Your personal information will not be shared with anyone outside of Coastwatch for any reason whatsoever, without your consent. Under no circumstances do we rent, trade or share your personal information or data with any other company or organization.
We may use your personal information only for the following:
- Your name and email to update you and inform you about Coastwatch activities, news, events or other communications strictly related to the Coastwatch Survey.
- Your name to acknowledge you as a volunteer/results contributor in our publications (only if you have given explicit permission) or to credit you as the author of a photo/video.
- Your name and postal address to send you survey materials (test kits, questionnaires, guide notes, reports, etc.).
- Your name and phone number for follow up and/or verification.
Your choice to opt-out
You can opt-out of being contacted by Coastwatch at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital media that you share with Coastwatch
When you share photos (or any other digital media, files and documents) with Coastwatch you retain any copyright that you may have. We do not take ownership of these content.
By sharing content you own (photos, videos or other files), you agree that it can be published and otherwise used by Coastwatch. You will be granting Coastwatch a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish and distribute it in any and all media.
For example, we may use your photos or videos in our reports, informative materials, website, social media, etc. Coastwatch will always give appropriate credit and attribution to you, the copyright owner(s), unless you ask us not to.
If you don’t want your photos and videos to be published or you prefer not to be named as the author please email email@example.com indicating this.
If after submitting a photo, video or file you change your mind and no longer want Coastwatch to use it, please let us know. We might not be able to remove your content from already existing publications but we will certainly refrain from using it again in future publications.
By sharing content with Coastwatch you also warrant the following:
- that the content you are sharing is your own original work and/or that you have all the necessary rights and permissions to make it available to Coastwatch ;
- that the content you are uploading does not infringe any law.
Links to third party websites/apps/platforms
Content made available by Coastwatch
We try our best to make sure that the content we provide is accurate and useful, but we cannot promise that there aren’t mistakes or inaccuracies.
Our content is provided “as-is”, and Coastwatch makes no implied or express representations or warranties about the material, data and information which you may have access to.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of our content and under no circumstances will Coastwatch (or any of its members/collaborators) be liable in any way for any of the content made available.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
This means you are free to share it and adapt it as long as you give appropriate credit to Coastwatch (in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that Coastwatch endorses you or your use), you don’t use it for commercial purposes and you share any publications using our content under the same license.
For any other uses, not covered by this license, please contact us.